Anyway, we are planning to do our church announcement next week, but decided we would go ahead and do a post about it.
Sooooo....*drum roll please*....the items of the month!
- soap --- hygiene items are sooooo important! Soap is valued in many countries and they try to make it last as long as possible...
- washcloths --- washcloths have endless possibilities!
- combs/brushes --- in every box we pack, we try to put brushes or combs in them... so we'll need a lot! :)
- toothbrush/toothpaste --- There are stories of children who lived in orphanages who had to share one or two toothbrushes between 20 kids. We try to put toothpaste and a toothbrush in each box...
- chapstick. Imagine not having chapstick in the summer, during the hottest part of the day, or during the coldest parts of the year, temperatures dropping below 0* every day.
Thank you so much for all the stuff you guys have brought so far!!!! For those of you who don't know where to bring stuff, there is a box out in the Welcome Center with the Operation Christmas Child logo on it where you can put your donations (at DSBC).
Changing the world one box at a time....